back the future. Join PTA.
Local PTA Membership
The main goals of the membership chair are to recruit and retain members who support the purposes of PTA and wish to further the goals your local PTA has chosen to focus on. Anyone – students included – may join!
Local PTA dues include: $2.25/National portion + $2.25/State portion + Local PTA portion as specified in your local bylaws.
Membership cards should have your PTA Unit ID, PTA name and the member’s name on the card. All cards must be activated online in order to take advantage of discounts/benefits. Directions are found on the back of the membership card.
Members can be recruited and reported year-round. Members who join after March 15 should still be reported immediately to Texas PTA and will be posted to the new membership reporting year.
Visit the Texas PTA website for many helpful tools, forms and resources to promote membership.
HEBISD Council of PTAs local dues of $50, and are due by October 15. These dues are mandatory, and required for participating in the Texas PTA Reflections Program and to receive Texas PTA Convention delegate credential cards.
If you would like to mail your dues check, please use this address:
HEB ISD Council of PTAs
1849 Central Dr
Bedford, TX 76022
Texas PTA Awards
- Fall Deadline October 15th
- Dues and a roster for at least 20 members must be postmarked by October 15 to obtain eligibility to vote at the Texas PTA Annual Convention and to participate in the Reflections Program beyond the Local level. The total number of members on this date determines achievement for fall membership awards. Some membership award forms are due on this date.
- Local PTAs who have not paid dues for at least 20 members by October 15 will be designated as inactive.
- Spring Deadline March 15th
- Spring membership awards and achievements are based on the total reported membership postmarked by March 15. Texas PTA’s membership total as of March 15 also determines the number of voting delegates for Texas at the National PTA Convention.
- Local PTAs who have not paid dues by March 15 for the entire membership year will remain designated as inactive and services will cease.
Texas PTA offers many awards throughout the year. Some are automatically calculated while others require an award form to be submitted. We look forward to recognizing many of you this year! Please visit the Texas PTA website (start at Local and Council PTA Awards, then find Membership Awards) for a complete list with requirements and due dates.
The council is here to support your local PTA. If you have any questions about PTA Membership, please contact Nicole Carrigan (email@example.com).